Nigerian film maker, art director, creative artist, actor, producer
and director general of Rivers state Tourism Development Agency, Yibo Koko celebrates his birthday today.
Yibo Koko is best known for creating the Seki Dance drama that tells the story of the people of the Niger Delta through dance. He also is a voting member of the Nigerian Oscar selection committee.
Koko is a graduate of University of Port Harcourt, where he studied
theatre arts. He also studied film making at the New York film Academy, Oxford University.
The happy celebrant took to his Instagram to thank God for the
gift of a new year. He wrote “Glory to God it’s my birthday today. Thanks and Praise to The Ever Living, Ever Faithful, Ever Sure Jehovah!”
A little about Yibo Koko‘s Seki dance drama
Seki dance is a traditional representation / dramatic imitation or the belief system of the core Niger Delta people of Nigeria. Seki dance was originally created in 1998 as Owu-Amapu-Ti.
Seki dance is a non-stop dance performance that bears the trappings
of the Kabuki tradition that can last for ninety minutes with varieties of dance and masquerade display which ranges from the mythical to the sublime.
- Seki dance is exclusive to the Rivers state people.
- Seki dance drama is the sole idea of Yibo Koko.
- Seki dance drama has Rivers state born celebrities
- Ibinabo Fiberesima and Monalisa Chinda as dancers.
- The Seki dance is also referred to as the dance of fertility and procreation.
- Seki dance drama is one of the most colourful dance drama you’ will ever witness.
- Seki dance promotes the positive values and pictures of people of the Niger Delta.